Blog Archive

Saturday, January 21, 2012

SOPA PIPA response.

Here is the first response that I got on the bill from any of the people I emailed.   It reads like a form letter, but that's OK.  I made a form letter and sent it to them.   I expect that I will receive a few similar ones.


Dear Mr. Aitken:
 
     Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about S. 968, or the PROTECT IP Act of 2011.
 
Over the last several weeks, I heard from many of my constituents who, like you, had severe concerns about the PROTECT IP legislation being considered in the Senate.  I take those concerns very seriously, and I agree with you that we need to find a better way to address the very real problem of internet piracy — in a way that doesn’t do anything to damage our dynamic tech community or freedom of expression on the Internet.
 
Senator Reid’s decision to pull a vote on PIPA from the Senate calendar was the right one and will allow Congress to work with stakeholders to craft a better solution that protects the American jobs threatened by illegal online piracy, and at the same time encourages the growth of New York’s vibrant and growing technology and Internet communities.
 
Thank you for contacting me on this important issue.  Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.
 
 
 
Sincerely,
 
Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

No comments:

Post a Comment