Blog Archive

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I scream for ice cream. (That's what she said)


Antonio Federici Gelatto has released some controversial ads. The london based italian style ice cream makers have generated some briliant PR, by releasing an advertisement campaign which is just offensive enough to get into the news and just interesting enough to get people to want to see it. This is how I first heard of it. And as you can see, I was interested enough to share it with you. memetic infection at it's finest. The other interesting this about the free advertising that I and others are providing is, that even if you are offended you are more aware of the brand. The offense will fade, brand awareness will not.

Below are the images that CNN decided not to reprint, but instead describe. I would question this practice of drawing your attention to something and then denying that thing as a cock tease and bad reporting. But I have noticed that when it comes to religiously offensive imagery that is the standard for news. Remember the whole flurry of stories about cartoonists being attacked for drawing cartoons? No? Well maybe you remember it as being about drawings of the Prophet Mohammad, but never being shown those drawings. In another post I might do that, but for now here are some ads for ice cream.



















1 comment: